Coaching can Impact Almost Any Area of Your Life – And Lead to Change
Many assume that a personal coach is only necessary for business professionals or other high caliber professions, but the reality is that coaching can be immensely beneficial in almost every area of life.
Below we have listed just a handful of the areas in which you may discover an opportunity for growth and coaching. As you read through, consider if there are things in your life where you have goals you haven’t reached, or challenges that seem to big to get past.
Sometimes coaching can be used in an area where growth is desired, such as perfecting a new skill. To get coaching in a specific area of your life doesn’t mean that you are struggling, it could mean the opposite, that you are succeeding, and want to succeed at an even greater rate.
Read over this list, and consider whether you are living to your full potential in your life. Note: This list is not meant to be exhaustive; you may need help in other areas as well.
- Aesthetics: Enjoying the beauty of life, appreciating the finer things.
- Career: Networking, promotions, goals attainment, beginnings or changing.
- Discipleship: relationship development, counseling
- Evangelism: Outreach, attitude, event planning.
- Family life: Husband/wife relationships, parenting, sibling relationships, in-law relationships.
- Financial security: Debt reduction or management, budgeting, choosing insurance, preparing for retirement.
- Friendships: Developing, deepening, enriching, discovering.
- Health: Hygiene, exercise and fitness, nutrition, physical wellness.
- Intellect/Education: Pursuing Challenges, remaining active, obtaining expertise and credentials.
- Leadership: Leadership attributes, responsibility, trust, delegation, new leader development.
- Posterity: Wills, trusts, passing on of values.
- Recreation: Fun, sports, entertainment, enjoyment and zest.
- Service: Charitable giving, volunteering, seeking excellence in professional and community life.
- Spirituality: Connection, meaning, knowing one’s place in the universe.
- Sports: physical training, team coaching, management, goal setting.
- Stress reduction: Time management, relaxation, exercise, burnout prevention.
- Ultimate Impact: ensuring you are living your life to leave behind a legacy.
- Wealth: Savings plan, investment. Wellness: Joy, peace, self-esteem, love.
In which of these do you find yourself not reaching your expectations? What do you need help with in order to attain your fullest potential? How can you take steps today to make your life count in the best way possible?
Think about the specific area in your life that you want to do better at, and grow. What steps will you take to make your goal become a reality? The first step is understanding your goal, the next step is partner with a coach and achieve it.